, , , , ,

Today I was busy, busy, busy. I was non stop until 6:00 this evening. Jack and I woke up at 7:00, I had my oatmeal and my pot of coffee while reading all of the publications that I receive on my e-mail and then I wrote a comment on Huffington Post regarding Grover Norquist and his anti-tax pledges and the impact that has on negotiations in Washington D.C related to the “fiscal cliff” and I cross posted the comment to my political blog A Progressive’s Thoughts. I then answered a prompt from Plinkie and published it on WordPress. After finishing my writing for the day, I took Jack for his mile walk and emptied out the fireplace, reloaded the living room, the library and the garage with wood. The front yard needed some sprucing up so I trimmed back the wild grasses and the spent chrysanthemums. I took Jack back out for his second walk, prepared his dog food bowl for later and made the long list of groceries needed for the feast for tomorrow. I also made enough pastry dough for two pies and put it in the refrigerator to rest for later this afternoon.

This got me to 11:30 which meant that I was running almost late. I ate lunch fairly quickly because I wanted to leave before twelve, I had quite a bit of food shopping to do besides other errands and I wanted to have everything done before my doctor’s appointment at 2:30 this afternoon. My pumpkin pies were going to be baked this afternoon after my doctor’s visit so I didn’t want to dilly-dally after the doctor’s, I wanted to get home and bake. The house needed some good smells, especially the ones that start drifting out of the oven door; cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, ginger and pumpkin. It’s a mixture of fall, warmth, home and family; all the things that mean Thanksgiving.

Right now writing this, I am happy to report that the pies came out wonderfully. I got all of my errands done with more than enough time to be punctual for the dermatologist, who was on time himself. My visit lasted all of five minutes, he took a picture of a troublesome mole with the plan to revisit it in six months. I got home unloaded the groceries, fed Jack, walked him again, made the pies, stripped the beds, did the laundry and kept an eye on the pies and welcomed my hubby and the baby girl home. Like I said busy, busy, busy and tomorrow will be no different.